shell holders for case trimming

i'd like to trim my brass, so i went out and got a wilsom trimmer and a shell holder for 'new' cases. the brass is on its 7th or 8th firing, but since i resized it i figured the holder for 'new' cases would work. i think i may have been wrong. they don't fit. do i need the shell holder for 'fired' cases, or am i making some other bone-headed mistake?
thanks as always,
bob

thanks for the reply, okiehunter.
i think that i'm full length sizing. i got out the directions (you know i'm desperate when i resort to the directions!) for my "lee deluxe rifle die set," and i'm using the 'full length sizer.' there's also a 'collet neck sizer,' but it's my understanding that the collet neck sizer only resizes the neck. any ideas?
bob

i'm starting to get to the bottom of this. i measured my brass. it's within industry specs. so, i measured the shell holder. it's .010'' smaller than the industry standard!
i called wilson, and they offered to fix it for me. that would have taken time to get it there, time for return, time to fix, and shipping to get it there. although they said that they would fix it for free, wilson gets a 'neutral' for customer service. i guess they can, since they make a really good product.
since i bought it from midwayusa, i called them. they're measuring a new one on the shelf (to make sure that it's ok) and sending it immediately. so, midwayusa gets two big thumbs up for customer service.
bob

I would give the three thumbs up to Wilson for not telling you that you made the mistake and should have got the fired case holder the first time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

an update to possibly save someone else some confusion:

the folks at midway went back into their storeroom with some calipers, and all of their 'new' shell holders are off. they're sent back to wilson for corrections. apparently they're scheduled for return in mid july.
good excuse to buy some more brass /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
enjoy,
bob

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.