sendero

casilva43

Hello everyone, i am new to this forum and new to gun hunting. I am a bowtech at Basspro. Anyhow, I am wanting to get into long range shooting for both competition shooting at the range and possible hunting. I take my archery shooting very serious and am looking to get into long range rifle shooting just as serious. I have already bought dies and a reloading kit. My question to everyone is this. I bought two guns both in the Remington Sendero. One is a 220 swift and the other a 338 ultra mag. Are these guns capable of long range shooting and or hunting? What is the effective range for both? I am now looking for a scope for both guns. I have looked into a leupold vxIII 6.5 x 20 with target turrets and varmint reticle for the swift and am looking at the Mark IV 6.5 x 20 for the 338 rum with illuminated mill dot, target turets. I have hear the 338 is more of a long range gun than the swift. Is this true? Are these two rifles decent for shooting long distances for target (1000 yds)

...can't go wrong with anything you mentioned; short answer for your rifles is they are on opposite ends of the spectrum = 220 swift is excellent long range varminter but not highly recommended for 1000 yds, you'll probably be happier with bigger stuff at that range; 338 is considered a great long range big game round, especially for elk sized critters...hope this helps... Larry

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.