Sendero in 06 ?

dr14

Any rumors or facts as to the sendero coming back in 06 ? Was wondering about calibers available and if the stock would be the same.

I cannot find this on the Rem. site, but I have heard they
will offer this in .264WM, 7RM, 7RUM, 300WM, & 300RUM.
I think the 264 is interesting & I may get one of those for
the heck of it if this is true & besides, I have never owned or shot a .264 & that just seems wrong. Who knows why they didn't offer it in 25-06, but I sure like mine.

Sendero back! Awesome.

I always got a laugh out of those people that bought those "custom shop" remingtons when they could have saved more that half the $$$ and bought a sendero.

One of my local dealers already has an ad and is taking deposits. The .264WM is on the list of available cartridges, along with the 7mm and .300 WM and RUM. They are asking $899.00, and they tend to be the lowest priced dealer around (Grice Gun Shop in Clearfield, PA). I bought the last remaining Savage 112 BVSS .300WM they had for $550.00.

My dealer has no record of the Senderos returning. Im hoping they are of the SF variety.

Christian, can you check with your dealer to see of they are stainless fluted?

[ QUOTE ]
One of my local dealers already has an ad and is taking deposits. The .264WM is on the list of available cartridges, along with the 7mm and .300 WM and RUM. They are asking $899.00, and they tend to be the lowest priced dealer around (Grice Gun Shop in Clearfield, PA).

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure hope you're correct!!! They need to keep the .338 RUM though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Yes, stainless and fluted with the HS precision stock. The 5 calibers I listed are the only ones on the list. The shop is Grice Guns in Clearfield PA, and they are taking deposits. I guess it will have Remington's new trigger system as well, whatever that turns out to be.

A new distributor catalog I looked thru a coupla days ago lists the "new for 2006" 700 Sendero SFII in the 5 calibers previously mentioned by nomosendero. I suspect this rifle will resemble the VSSF-II, altho the description for the new Sendero described it as having a black HS Precision stock, whereas the VSSF-II has and is described as black and green. Also the VSSF-II has a palm swell, and no mention of a palm swell was made in the description of the new Sendero. Probably just saving space in their catalog descriptions. And of course, it will be stainless/fluted. If it is anything like the VSSF-II, it should be a knock-out! I'm anxiously saving my pennies for the first .264 that crosses my path!

And this past summer I passed up on a 338 RUM Sendero that was on sale for $749, because I thought that wasn't a good price. Had I only known, since that is one caliber I don't own in a Sendero. AHHHHHHHHH!

Ronnie

They have been know to be one of the few dealers in the country from time to time to have special run firearms and even more ofter special run cartridges offered in Remington rifles...there latest flyer does state the sendero is back but they may be one of only a few in the usa to have them especially if their not in the catalog as being returned to production, if you want one give em a call and get on the list, it's usually first come first serve on these.

[ QUOTE ]
They have been know to be one of the few dealers in the country from time to time to have special run firearms and even more ofter special run cartridges offered in Remington rifles...there latest flyer does state the sendero is back but they may be one of only a few in the usa to have them especially if their not in the catalog as being returned to production, if you want one give em a call and get on the list, it's usually first come first serve on these.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you are talking about Grice Gun shop correct? Just making sure.

I wonder if this supposed new trigger will resemble the XR100's..hmmmmm

Other than some easily adjustable trigger, I cannot imagine what they'd be doing to/with it.

Thanks for the heads up fellas.

Would they ship to one of my local dealers here in Ohio? Im about 3 hours away from the shop, I checked the address. I could always make the trip, I love PA anyways /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I posted some info on the new trigger in this post:

"Remington has a new trigger for 2006"

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.