Sendero 300 VS Building a rifle???

Something else to think about. If you keep getting lighter you will increase your chance of not being able to spot the hit/miss. I am shooting a 300 win mag with a 7.75 pound gun. I have base rings, NightForce 30 oz scope that gets the weight up. My rifle has a brake on it and right now there is still too much jump on it to spot hits even with a harris bipod on it. It might be the factory brake that isnt as good as others. I plan on taking the brake off and putting a suppresser on it anyway as I already have hearing loss and I dont want it any worse. That might be something else to consider if you do end up re barreling. For me that extra 30 oz at the end should do the trick at spotting hits. I opted on a shorter barrel for that reason.

Thanks for all the and comments. Boots finished my barrel, also decided to go with a Defiance Deviant Hunter action. I am going to keep the Sendero as my practice rifle.

Boots refered me to a gunsmith in Wisconsin that after talking to him I really liked the guy. Now it is time to hurry up and wait.

if you don't mind telling who did you find in Wisconsin? I'm from WI. and I am looking for a good guy here.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.