• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Semi-Custom 300WSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmharrington

This rifle started out as a Remington 700 XCRII chambered in 300wsm.
Upgrades:
McMillan Remington Classic Stock with Edge Fill
Jewel Trigger tuned to 12oz
Action has been trued and lugs have been lapped
Topped with a Leupold VXiii 4.5-14 x 50 LR with fine duplex reticle
Kenton Industry custom turret for 2000' elevation 50 degrees
Package will come with 50 pieces of Norma brass, 11 pieces of Win Brass - about 35 loaded, the rest twice fired
RCBS die set
Load developed is sub 1/2 inch and has been tested out to 800 yards.
Great all around rifle........I am only selling because I have a 28 Nosler itch!

Price for entire package = $1550 TYD (Will not separate at this time)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 8
Is that the original barrel? Or was the Remington factory finish removed?

I am the second owner of the rifle. The barrel is stainless and is stamped XCRII so I am assuming it is the original barrel. I was going to replace the barrel but once shooting it sub 1/2 moa, I left it as is.

is it bedded? were the reciver threads trued as well? any info on who the work was done by? thanks in advance. I agree, not all factory rifles need the barrels changed,every once in a while you get a good one!

is it bedded? were the reciver threads trued as well? any info on who the work was done by? thanks in advance. I agree, not all factory rifles need the barrels changed,every once in a while you get a good one!

It is not fully bedded but the recoil lug is glass bedded. The action is squared but the threads were not re-cut. Lugs were lapped. Work was done by Trails End Gunwerks in San Angelo, TX. I went out and shot it at lunch today and it shoots better than I can shoot. It is consistently sub 1/2 even on a bad day and is close to a 1 hole gun if you do your part.

Status
Not open for further replies.