selling higher end rifles, where should i post?

Buzzsaw

some of you have been following my lightweight rifle search thread. well i'm not mega rich, so , if I go custom , I will have to sell some of my current stuff.

I live in north Texas but will ship. I know I will have a hard time making money on any of them , guns aren't very good investments anymore unless you have a Python, but don't want to take too big a kicking.

where have ya'll had good luck selling fairly high end rifles? is gunbroker an option or do they charge too much to list?

I've sold on Gun broker, here, and snipers hide (mostly snipers hide) . I try to sell on here and snipers hide first since it's free.

I'd list on here first, and if they don't sell move to Gunbroker. No fee on here, and mine have all moved pretty quick in the past. If they are lightweight...ish... I'd look at Rokslide too. But they are a lightweight crowd so think factory hunter profile rifles, not big heavy LR customs. Good luck.

some of you have been following my lightweight rifle search thread. well i'm not mega rich, so , if I go custom , I will have to sell some of my current stuff.

I live in north Texas but will ship. I know I will have a hard time making money on any of them , guns aren't very good investments anymore unless you have a Python, but don't want to take too big a kicking.

where have ya'll had good luck selling fairly high end rifles? is gunbroker an option or do they charge too much to list?
Right here at our own Long Range Hunting Classifieds.

Usually if the seller is known he'll be taken for his word and that tends to keep the prices reasonable for both buyer and seller.

Beware though if you ask more than it's worth you're going to keep it a while until someone just stumbles along wanting one just like yours and has been looking for a while. Desperation is a good motivator for both buyer and seller!

Good Luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.