Seekins SP10 6.5 Creedmoor

B23

Thinking about getting one of these and I've read a few reviews that make them sound great, but I'm not sure how much stock I put in those reviews because they always talk about how great everything is so hopefully there's a few LRH members that have one of these things or has shot one and give their opinion/s.

Also, I'll be shooting this thing suppressed and I can't decide if I want to leave it 22in or go 18-20, what do y'all think is the best barrel length for this application.

Thinking about getting one of these and I've read a few reviews that make them sound great, but I'm not sure how much stock I put in those reviews because they always talk about how great everything is so hopefully there's a few LRH members that have one of these things or has shot one and give their opinion/s.

Also, I'll be shooting this thing suppressed and I can't decide if I want to leave it 22in or go 18-20, what do y'all think is the best barrel length for this application.

No direct experience. I was in a squad with a delta force dude during a shooting comp. it wasn't a real squad it was just for organizational purposes for the match.

He was shooting the Seekins in .308 with a 20 inch barrel and can. He had a nightforce ATACR. He had several stages where he and his partner cleaned the stage. I watched him make several hits out to 750 yards (max distance for the event for secondary shooter). He and his partner placed 3rd out of 80 teams. It was a 3 day long event and he had to pack the rifle over 33 miles. He let me tinker with it during breaks in shooting. It's a really nice rifle. I would say it's up to the challenge. I would say 22 inches to squeeze every ounce of velocity out of it, but he was doing fine with the .308 in a 20 inch.

I hear what you're saying and hate giving up the velocity and shorter definitely loses some velocity, but running anything suppressed that is much over 20 inches in barrel length starts making the overall setup kinda long, especially once you get used to short barreled setups.

I had my 22-250 chopped back to 18 inches this past fall and used it as my go to coyote gun this winter and going from 24 down to 18 gave up a good amount of velocity, but I haven't regretted it at all. I sometimes think it looks a little goofy, but running it with a can, it's still a fairly short rig.
Shorty 250.jpg

What action and stock is that? I would go 20 inches then

The whole gun is Kelbly and the barrel is a Brux. It's a B&C stock but I think they are a specific model B&C makes to Kelbly's specs. What exactly that means, I don't really know, it's what Kelbly told me.

It's a really nice gun and shoots very well. I don't really like the shinny look so I need to get it Cerakoted black and it'll look 100% better.

And for what it's worth, I'm not 100% locked into it being a 6.5 CM I've been toying with the idea of going 6 CM instead. So if anyone has any thoughts on that idea, I'm open to any and all opinions.

And for what it's worth, I'm not 100% locked into it being a 6.5 CM I've been toying with the idea of going 6 CM instead. So if anyone has any thoughts on that idea, I'm open to any and all opinions.

You'll be happy with either. I just got a GAP 6.5CM, and it's insanely accurate. I don't think I could tell the difference between the 6.5 and the 6. You could also consider the .260 Rem and the .243! Sorry just had to make the waters a little muddier ;)

But that seekins is a nice gun. You'll be happy with it. I would stick with the 6.5CM since it's an accurate round and tons of awesome ammo is already available.

You'll be happy with either. I just got a GAP 6.5CM, and it's insanely accurate. I don't think I could tell the difference between the 6.5 and the 6. You could also consider the .260 Rem and the .243! Sorry just had to make the waters a little muddier ;)

But that seekins is a nice gun. You'll be happy with it. I would stick with the 6.5CM since it's an accurate round and tons of awesome ammo is already available.

I'm leaning a little more to the 6.5CM just for that reason, I've heard some of the factory ammo in these things shoots crazy good and I'm not sure I want to be running around trying to find all my brass so I'm probably going to lazy out and shoot factory ammo in this thing.

To further explain my intentions so it makes more sense, the SP10 I'm thinking about getting is the 308 version Cabela's has on sale right now then put a Proof 6.5CM barrel on it. For the savings I'll get buying the 308 SP10 over the 6.5 version, I can put a Proof CF 6.5 Creed barrel on it and really not have a whole lot more in it than if I bought the 6.5 SP10. I don't know if there's a market for 308 take off barrels but I'll likely try and sell the 308 barrel.

Sounds like your heart is set on a Seekins SP10 in 6.5 creedmoor.
This is a AR10 platform correct ?
2 years ago or so I bought a
EW Shaw AR10 in a 6.5 creedmoor.
My gun is s/n 68. I ordered it After reading gun test magazine review.
Gun comes standard with 20 inch SS threaded barrel and really nice muzzle brake and magpul 20 round magazine. I ordered my gun with the 24 inch barrel so I would not give up any FPS. My gun out the door to my FfL dealer was $1040.00 then I paid $25.00 the paper transfer.
I am 60 years old with a bad shooting eye. My gun shoots 7/8 groups with every Gr bullet Federal makes in 6.5 CM cal ! Hard to believe. This is with the factory trigger! I am going to put in a Hellfire trigger and I am sure groups will come down even more.
I don't reload , no need to with this brand of 6.5.
unbelievable value for this gun !
I don't see any other AR10 in
6.5 CM on market for the less then 1600.00. My Freind has the savage and I seen another guy shoot a S&W I think it was at range. No comparison in groups with my gun. They were ill after I let them Them shoot a 5 shot group with my gun. Shaw shot 3/4 groups when them guys were pulling trigger. Shaw makes great barrels and now great complete AR10. Soon as they make 224 valk in complete gun I will be buying that. I hope it is also $1040.00 out the door. Marty

I built an LR308(DPMS type) chambered for 6.5 CM. went with the 20 inch barrel, and superlative arms adj. gas block to run my suppressor. works great by the way. when I manage to shoot out the barrel it is getting the 22 inch I should have put on it to begin with. I can barely get 2600 with 140gr Hornady bthp unsupressed, and oddly gain about 20fps with the suppressor. It does that with 3 different bullet weights, all with different powders, I won,t complain about free velocity especially when it shoots better as well.

Sounds like your heart is set on a Seekins SP10 in 6.5 creedmoor.

That is true. I'm really not even considering anything else. One of my AR15's is a Seekins SP15 and it's been a great little gun. I'm sure there are quite a few that are very good too, but Seekins has been good to me so far, so I'm sticking with them.

I ordered the Seekins SP10 in 308 Cabela's has on sale but it won't be here for a few days. My intentions are to put a 20 or 22 inch Proof Research 6.5 Creedmoor barrel on it and sell the 308 barrel. I'm not 100% on going with the 20in barrel but that's mostly likely the length I'll go with. I highly doubt there's more than 50-60 fps difference between the 20 and a 22 so I'll take the convenience of a shorter overall length over the little bit of extra velocity.

Rex T, it's pretty common to gain a tiny bit of velocity when you screw a suppressor on your barrel. I shoot nearly everything suppressed and I always gain 10-20 +/- FPS whenever I screw a can on the end.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.