Seekins rings still loose

bankbum

so I have a Christensen arms MPR rifle and a picatinny rail. Im assuming it's the factory supplied rail.
I just got some seekins rings. And fully tightened they are still loose on the rail.

I'm stumped.

Last edited:
Well there's only 2 rail types, picatinny & weaver.
The rail profile it almost identical with the gap being a different diameter.

I would look at the ring cross member?

Otherwise either your not mounting them right or ??

No...I dont.

I dont see how a Christensen arms picatinny rail and seekins precision rings would be that far off in measurement. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

No...I dont.

I dont see how a Christensen arms picatinny rail and seekins precision rings would be that far off in measurement. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Me either, but I've not seen any of those exact components before & they aren't in front of me.

So its very hard for someone to tell what's going on over the internet & without any pictures of the fit!

Want to put some pictures up??

Tried to show the base is bottomed out and can't get any tighter.

Attachments

• 20200707_001432.jpg
    20200707_001432.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 915
Its doubtful, but are the rings possibly out of spec? Do you have another set of rings you could try on the rail? This could determine if the rings or the rail is the problem. From the pic, it appears that the ring clamp is bottomed out on the ring. Never seen this before.

Do you have a buddy that will allow you to use his? If not take it to a local gun shop and see if they will try some rings...or get a $15 set of rings from Walmart to see if they fit. Try to eliminate one or the other as the culprit. If those are both new I would be suspicious towards the rail.

The rail came on the rifle when I purchased it.
The rings were "new" in the box still sealed in plastic.

I dont have any buddies using a picatinny setup. I'll end up having to take the base off the rifle and the rings to the local gun shop and see if i can get it figured out.

May be a weaver rail, they are spec'ed thinner (I believe). Picatinny accessories may not fit a weaver, but weaver should fit picatinny. Don't know why they would use weaver on anything modern...but what do I know?

Agree with Bravo, I'd suspect the rail. If gunshop has a knowledgeable staff, they should be able to get you up and running in short order. Did you purchase the rifle new or used? Its unclear from your original post.