SEEKINS PRECISION - 2 THUMBS UP

Been through the same thing, ascending aortic aneurysm and valve repair. Not much fun.

Give yourself some time, do your cardiac rehab, then go shoot your new rifle.

Let your cardiologist give you permission to shoot!!!!! You may have to explain, in detail, what shooting Hi Power rifles is all about and the forces it sends to your upper body. I know many doctors and surgeons , but the majority of them do not shoot rifles. Talk to him and explain clearly.

I'm surprised to hear of this many aortic annurism survivors. Used to be most didn't even make it to the hospital, so congrats!!
I am still curious how an action breaks, in the situation where the cleaning rod is stuck. Just about every action can be run over with heavy machinery and not break.

The heart is nothing to mess with. I'm happy you had it repaired. Too bad it's not as simple as swapping a barrel, action, or stock. I was really wanting a Seeking but now that they don't build for individuals anymore I'm concerned their QC will fall off. When you get out to shoot you rifle will you please post your results?

I'm surprised to hear of this many aortic annurism survivors. Used to be most didn't even make it to the hospital, so congrats!!
I am still curious how an action breaks, in the situation where the cleaning rod is stuck. Just about every action can be run over with heavy machinery and not break.
Fair. I wasn't being precise with my language.

As I understand it, the Element has a mostly aluminum receiver that encases (and is somehow bonded to) a stainless steel barrel sleeve, or whatever the correct word would be. Whatever bonds the steel sleeve to the aluminum action broke after it was exposed to a significant amount of force/pressure opposite the direction it would encounter during normal operation.

I don't fault the design of the action. Actually, I think they're cleverly designed and well built. I haven't heard of anyone else breaking one.

Fair. I wasn't being precise with my language.

As I understand it, the Element has a mostly aluminum receiver that encases (and is somehow bonded to) a stainless steel barrel sleeve, or whatever the correct word would be. Whatever bonds the steel sleeve to the aluminum action broke after it was exposed to a significant amount of force/pressure opposite the direction it would encounter during normal operation.

I don't fault the design of the action. Actually, I think they're cleverly designed and well built. I haven't heard of anyone else breaking one.
Ok Makes sense, thank you