inital set-up

bcd

My rifle came in Friday (2-25-05) Remington model 700P chambered in 300 rum. So far it looks and feels good but I have nothing for it. Any advice on inital set-up? ie: optics, muzzle break, ect. I did pick up a tactical sling and a Harris bi-pod (the bench rest model) non-swivel. The shop where I bought it has 5 boxes of ammo for $100 that I going to get later this week (I feel tht is a pretty good deal) the best I've found so far is $35 a box. Any advice is greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Bryan

Buy a scope that will hold zero I like Leupold,Weaver but many will work.Save your brass and get into reloading the 300RUM will cost a bit to shoot.If it is just a hunting rig
the ammo cost is of little importance.I like the field model bipod, you will see why when you get in the field hunting.There are several muzzle brakes that work well and there are several smiths on this forum that can fix you up.
You are going to like the 300 RUM it is a good long range cartridge I especially like the 300RUM necked to .338 a real performer.Good luck with outfitting your rifle and good luck hunting!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts