Scopecoat size for Nightforce NXS?

el matador

I've heard some good reviews on the scopecoat covers and would like to get one for my Nightforce NXS 56mm scope. I can't figure out which size though.
The scope measures about 18-1/4" long with sunshade attached, and the measuring instructions from scopecoat say to get one 1 to 1-1/2" shorter than the actual scope. Well they have a special Nightforce scope cover that's 19-1/2" which some people say fits their NF scope perfectly. I emailed scopecoat and they recommended the XL cover which is only 15-1/2", seemingly too small. Now I notice they have a 2XL version which is 17-1/2". Those of you who are using this product on a big scope which size did you get and how well does it fit? Input much appreciated!

I found a review on Optics Planet that said a 15-1/2" cover fits the NXS scope perfectly WITHOUT the sunshade installed. I think this is what the info from scopecoat was indicating. Right now I feel like the 17-1/2" 2XL model will be a good fit. Can anyone confirm this?

Did you order a scope coat for your NF yet? I too am looking at getting one and don't know what size to order.

Something to consider is whether you want the sunshade on or off while using the ScopeCoat. I chose to leave my sunshade on. I went with the ScopeCoat XP-6 model Flak Jacket. XP-6 2XL BLK (17.5"x60mm) Midway #195045. I use this with a 5.5-22x50 NXS. I recently tried it on the scope and it fits perfect. It is a heavier neoprene with wings which come down over the action. I wish it had a pull loop on the back to help take it off.

I just received a reply from Scopecoat about which model would fit.

"Thanks for contacting us. The cover that will fit your NF scope + Sunshade is our XP-6 2XL. It measures 17.5" x 60mm and will accommodate the tall turrets."

Looks like C.O. shooter was on the mark. :)

Here's a few pictures of the above mentioned scope coat!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 298
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.