Scope Rings with Integrated Level

Doublezranch

For as long as I remember I've had a scope level on my rifles. When placed correctly, they can certainly give the shooter an edge on making long range, critical shots. However, it's painstakingly miserable to mount a stand alone scope level on a scope tube.

That said, I'm looking for options, thoughts, recommendations on a scope ring that can handle a .375 Rum or larger with a integrated scope level.

Zeiss has come out with one roughly 2-3 years ago. At the time I thought this might be the bees knees. Well, after talking to several people who have used them, there seems to be a mounting problem with the ring with the level. Many have said that it will not tighten fully on the picatinny rail.

I see Hawkins has one but it looks real goofy sitting on top of the ring. It will be difficult to train my eye to look there.

As far as rings go, my go to is the Burris Signature Zee with the moa inserts. I've never had a set fail me yet.

I'm interested in hearing any and all of what you suggest.

I appreciate you.

Jayson

I've not used scope mounting rings as a level, I have used an US optics swivel rail mount and liked it but eventually ditched the steel rail to save weight, I went with Talley rings and bought a mountain tactical rapid level which sits in front of the side focus and is easy for my left eye to see it. It to works very well and is easy to dial in

That does make sense. I shoot with both my eyes open and haven't had any trouble seeing my level.

I'm trying to figure out if I should stick with the current stand alone bubble on the scope tube, or if there is a ring that has a bubble integrated into it. As mentioned there are a few, but are there more than what's listed in the previous post?

I've not used scope mounting rings as a level, I have used an US optics swivel rail mount and liked it but eventually ditched the steel rail to save weight, I went with Talley rings and bought a mountain tactical rapid level which sits in front of the side focus and is easy for my left eye to see it. It to works very well and is easy to dial in
This is a similar set up that I have. Works awesome. Weight for me is a nonissue. Many of my rifles are around the 12-15 pound range.

….and yes, I carry them everywhere I go. Even in the mountains 😂

Scope rings question. 7rem mag with a brake. When using a vortex 30 mm scope with $90 one piece base and rings the gun shot good. Put on a nightforce scope and it started shooting 2 inches groups at 100 yards. Sent the scope back to nightforce. They said the scope was good but it was slipping in the rings

Put on Talley pic base and rings Problems solved

Is this common with going to a heavier scope

I have to save every ounce I can any more. At one time carrying heavy rifles was okay, not anymore but back to the level, I had an injury to my left eye that still has blood faintly coating the inside that clouds my sight on that side, amazingly as long as the light is hitting the bubble, I can still make it out. I really like that mountain tactical rapid level

I have to save every ounce I can any more. At one time carrying heavy rifles was okay, not anymore but back to the level, I had an injury to my left eye that still has blood faintly coating the inside that clouds my sight on that side, amazingly as long as the light is hitting the bubble, I can still make it out. I really like that mountain tactical rapid level
Sorry to hear about your eye issues. I'm sure that can be extremely difficult at times.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my set up. It works incredibly well for me.

I'm wondering if there are any of you that have experience with anti-cant levels that are integrated into the ring.

Rob257, I designed and built my children rifles that bear their names (all featured on LRH). The 375 Zayne is a 378 Weatherby improved with a case capacity of 142ish grains. We had the same issue with his scope rings. Scope was walking. We had to add an additional set of rings to get it to stop. 😂

Hawkins makes them with offset level now.

And I'd like to give these a run!

Masterpiece Arms

https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-ba-rings/

IMG_5942.jpg

XLR chassis builders makes the Element 4.0 Aluminum chassis with a built in level:

ELEMENT-4.0-CHASSIS-FOLDERTOP-003-900x600_1024x1024.jpg

1676544491912.png

Scope rings question. 7rem mag with a brake. When using a vortex 30 mm scope with $90 one piece base and rings the gun shot good. Put on a nightforce scope and it started shooting 2 inches groups at 100 yards. Sent the scope back to nightforce. They said the scope was good but it was slipping in the rings

Put on Talley pic base and rings Problems solved

Is this common with going to a heavier scope
Yes it is. The heavier scope has more inertia so it'll expose a less than perfect mount/ring setup