Scope/rings Inch-LBS torque wrench only $20

G

I have a couple of these for backups - they work surprisingly well for the price.
02696.gif

1/4'' SQUARE DRIVE TORQUE WRENCH

hi do you have any for sale.
if so would you post one to the UK.i have emailed the shop but have not had a reply
thanks
Colin

I normally agree with most of your post's BigBore but I bought one of these hunks of crap a couple years ago and it was not even worthy of the garbage can I threw it into, you are better off saving your $19.99 and put it toward a real torque wrench IMO.
UB

I bought one like that on ebay a couple of years ago.

Worked for a while..., but it just recently took a dump!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have been using one for many years for my Rem. 700's and have had no problems whatsoever .

[ QUOTE ]
I normally agree with most of your post's BigBore but I bought one of these hunks of crap a couple years ago and it was not even worthy of the garbage can I threw it into, you are better off saving your $19.99 and put it toward a real torque wrench IMO.
UB

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Uncle B, good to hear you agree with most of my posts. That's what is so great about this forum - we can disagree and flesh out the truth.

I agree, the unit is very cheap. I have two that work fine. Much of the stuff from HarborFreight is junk not worth using. It may be you got a bad (worse than most) unit. HF is pretty good about returns/exchanges.

Uncle B does make a good point - best case is he got worthless junk and you are gambling your time ordering one. Worst case is they are all worthless junk.
Most folks don't have a IN LPS torque wrench - so that's why I say they are better than nothing and it's the best $20 In Lps torque wrench. I think you are much better off spending $60 for a
t.jpg

BT-1 preset to 20 In lbs - but then you don't have any flexibility.

You can't really compare the ultra cheap $20 HF unit to
-
ingauge.jpg

-
my excellent TSQ-75 - except as a backup unit. The seekonk is $140 plus shipping.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.