Leupold Mark 4 Rings - Inch Pounds not Ft/lbs!

annrkc98

Well, been anxiously awaiting all the parts to start to assemble my new rifle and it all made it in yesterday.

Savage Model 12 LRP Remington 260
Warne 20MOA Picatinny Rail
Leupold Mark 4 30mm (medium) Steel Rings
Vortex Viper PST 6x24x50

Mounted the rail no problem started on the rings.... Ok so I did not have a 1/2 inch socket in a 1/4 inch drive to use on my Fat Wrench. Pulled out my 3/8 drive torque wrench and uh-oh Foot Pounds not Inch Pounds.

Well, totally bummed... Besides the rings weren't cheap but I was trying to get this ready to shoot next weekend. I sent Leupold customer service an e-mail and admitted my stupidity. Not sure if they can just send me the piece that broke, would send me a new lower half, repair it, etc... Hoping for a decent option, not tough break buy another set.

Will post back on the outcome, not sure if anyone else had a similar experience...

Attachments

• IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 110
Leupold came through! They instructed me to return the rings to them and they would ship me a new set. Really appreciate such understanding and customer service, its not always the case these days.:)

I know the outcome with Leupold has been posted, but I had one of the Mark 4 rings bust also. Aluminum, not steel. And not from over torque.

Leupold sent me a new ring, not a new set. Leupold will take care of their customers.

Well, been anxiously awaiting all the parts to start to assemble my new rifle and it all made it in yesterday.

Savage Model 12 LRP Remington 260
Warne 20MOA Picatinny Rail
Leupold Mark 4 30mm (medium) Steel Rings
Vortex Viper PST 6x24x50

Mounted the rail no problem started on the rings.... Ok so I did not have a 1/2 inch socket in a 1/4 inch drive to use on my Fat Wrench. Pulled out my 3/8 drive torque wrench and uh-oh Foot Pounds not Inch Pounds.

I have the same rings and am trying to figure out what size/type socket to use on the rings to base hex nut. Did the 1/2 inch work?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.