Leupold Mark 4 Mounting Rings and Bases

MighteyWhiteHunter

Hey Everybody,

I Have a Remington 700 in 7mm Rem Mag. and I just got a new Mark 4 4.5x14 50mm Long Range and I was wondering what height rings and bases I should go with... I was Looking at Night Force, Seekins, and maybe Burris. Any Ideas?

Both my Mk4's sit in burris extreme rings, for the money I think they are the best. Ive got a 50mm and 40mm odjective lens and use the low rings. The 50mm is on a FN SPR with it extra heavy barrel (read heavier than remington heavy barrel) and the scope just clears the barrel with the butler caps on and I mean just clears. Also this is with a 20 moa base on that rifle made by near. As for a base to use, I dont have any experience with the burris. I have two EGW (I believe that is what the company goes by) on two rifles a 15moa and 20moa. Both work well, they tend to be on the thick side as far as bases go.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.