Scope ring height

baydog7

Have a quick question. I'm putting a NX8 4-32x50 on a bighorn long action. Will low rings give me enough clearance? Also, will I run a good chance of the objective hitting the front of the rail? Has anyone had any experience with mountain tech from warne? How do they hold up to magnum calibers? Appreciate any input.

For most standard rifles I think Warne is just fine, less experience above 300WSM level.

It should be either 'medium' or 'high' with that larger objective. I'm thinking medium is enough. Besides scope clearance, working the bolt can be an issue.

Should be fine with lows. The base on the bighorn is pretty high so you wouldn't need mediums.

The Mountain Techs seem like great rings, I have run several sets. I wouldn't worry about putting them on a Mag. caliber.

Should be fine with lows. The base on the bighorn is pretty high so you wouldn't need mediums.

The Mountain Techs seem like great rings, I have run several sets. I wouldn't worry about putting them on a Mag. caliber.
Thanks for input.

Not an NX8 but I have a VX6, which is also a 30mm tube with 50mm objective, mounted in Hawkins Tactical Lows (which I believe are .885) and it has plenty of clearance. Different scope and rings, but just for height reference.

Not an NX8 but I have a VX6, which is also a 30mm tube with 50mm objective, mounted in Hawkins Tactical Lows (which I believe are .885) and it has plenty of clearance. Different scope and rings, but just for height reference.
Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.