Scope ring height

Vomact

Hi:

I am looking for a set of rings for my Savage 12 lpv DBM. I have ordered a 20 MOA rail, however am not sure if a low, medium or high ring height is correct for my shooting style.

Should I just wait until the gunsmith is going to mount the scope and try several heights to find the correct fit?

Thanks,

v

I'd probably just wait. But if someone did have a good idea of what height you needed they'd probably need to know the type of scope you are going to mount. Good luck

Hi:
Should I just wait until the gunsmith is going to mount the scope and try several heights to find the correct fit?

Thanks,

Some guys like low rings so they can get down hard on the stock. They call it cheek weld. On the other hand I much prefer to hold my head up and fire the rifle that way. When installing a scope I put the scope in some rings, close my eyes and shoulder the rifle. When it is comfortable I open my eyes and check what needs to be done to shoot my style. Usually it is high or very high rings.

Try not to let others influence your decision. You are the one firing the rifle. Make yourself happy.

I have an EGW 20moa rail on my savage 111. Burris Signature Zee rings "high" 30 mm allow ample clearance for my 50mm objective, 30mm tube Vortex Viper. I have a 0 moa rail on another 111 with medium rings for the same model scope, a closer fit, but still no interference.

Hi:

I am looking for a set of rings for my Savage 12 lpv DBM. I have ordered a 20 MOA rail, however am not sure if a low, medium or high ring height is correct for my shooting style.

Thanks,

v
What scope are you using?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts