Scope mount advice

Spikefrb

Guys
Am awaiting delivery of my new LH Tikka T3X Lite Veil.
Will be mounting a Leupold
VX5 HD 3-15X44.
Couple of questions.
I am looking at a pic rail from Mountain Tactical and see that there are 2 sizes. Any input about which one I should order is much appreciated.
Also, purchasing Talley pic-style rings. Any of you boys know if I need low or medium height rings for barrel clearance with that 44 mm objective bell?
Thanks very much
Cheers
Spike

One is "extended" one is not if I am not mistaken. Basically the extended one will hang over the barrel a little bit and give you a little more real estate for the rings. Unless you are counting half ounces then I would just go for the extended. Low rings should work fine on a 44mm objective for barrel clearance. I usually go a little taller just for comfort because I am a giraffe with high cheek bones.

Low rings should work fine with a pic rail.
Thanks DH.
Spike
One is "extended" one is not if I am not mistaken. Basically the extended one will hang over the barrel a little bit and give you a little more real estate for the rings. Unless you are counting half ounces then I would just go for the extended. Low rings should work fine on a 44mm objective for barrel clearance. I usually go a little taller just for comfort because I am a giraffe with high cheek bones.
Duly noted.
I'm an old school guy committed to solid cheek weld.
If low's will provide clearance that's my go-to.
Appreciate you
Spike