Scope for tikka t3x

Welcome to the forum. As you probably have realized by now, scope threads are full of personal preferences. I agree with the lower 4X on the bottom and don't worry about going with the high end of the zoom range at this point. Good luck with choice. It probably won't be your last.

It would be wise to save longer and step up to a better option than the illuminated Leupold 3.5-10.

One of my first scopes was a cheap Simmons Aetec 2.8-10 than came on a used 7mm I bought. I didn't like the scope much, but I really liked the magnification range. Finding one with a low end of 2 or 2.5 power for around $800 would be appropriate for a Tikka.

Steiners have a solid reputation, and their Predator 3 2.5-10 might be worth considering. I've had a P4Xi for a couple months, and the glass is surprisingly good for an $800 optic.

The top end magnification is more than necessary, but the Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15x42 is a pretty nice optic for about $850. I haven't even zeroed mine yet, but I think it's going to be a very versatile optic.