Scope for LR .22lr.

Put a DIP 25 moa rail and SWFA ss on my Ruger American Compact .22. Fun dinking gongs at 400....

IMG_5887_zps6ripzlzy.jpg

I have tried several scopes on my 22 rifles. My go to scope is 4X12 Leop0old VX II. My reason for trying one on a CZ 452 Varmit was the adjustable objective from 25 yds. to infinity. One great combination for squirrel hunting in big timber. Carry it on 8X but use 12X for longer shots. I also have a 452 American Classic that wears a Leopold 4X12 VX II. The scope cost more than the rifles but to me is worth it.

bought a weaver straight 4power a few seasons ago.inexpensive as scopes go,and put it on rem.541.good fun!favorite is 3 sq/9 weaver on ruger77 -.22mag. varmint with 30gr. vmax! squirrel sniper max!:)

I am going to stick a bushnell 3200 10x40 tactical on my .22 'long range' rig ...'

That's exactly what I've got on my "long range rig" :)
It's fitted to a smallbore rifle and I shoot SK Match through it. Have nailed plenty of rabbits at 120-130yds. Any rabbit or pest bird within 150yds is in dire danger unless it's blowing.

I run a S&B 3-20 on my Anschutz 1827F. Longest hit so far was 675Y on a 2ft wide steel, like 41.3 mils of elevation.

Enough of that, I know most wouldn't put a scope like that on a 22.

Another one of my favorites is the SWFA 3-15. It has 30+ mils of travel. Good solid scope!

Newest addition is Athlon Optics Talos BTR 4-14x44 FFP. Absolutely kick *** reticle - IMO better than most reticles regardless of price. Has 10Y min parallax and 20 mils of travel and surprisingly good glass at $299.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.