Scope for 408 cheytac

Barretn

I recently purchased a used cheytac and need glass. It is a single shot in an A5 stock. I don't have 3k to spend for a scope so are there any decent options closer to the 1k range?

Burris XTR, Nightforce, Vortex or similar?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great appreciated.

Put another $400 with your $1000 budget and find a used 5.5-22X56mm NXS Nightforce with zero stops.... If you can live without the zerostops I think you could find this scope in the $11-$1200 range if you search... I think saving another month or 2 would be worth it....Dave

Put another $400 with your $1000 budget and find a used 5.5-22X56mm NXS Nightforce with zero stops.... If you can live without the zerostops I think you could find this scope in the $11-$1200 range if you search... I think saving another month or 2 would be worth it....Dave
Thank you, for your input I have no problem saving a bit longer to get a better scope. I am brand new to this type of shootingsll advice is appreciated.

I would add a Sightron siii 6-24 to that list. I remember a guy posting that he had a 375 CT and a 408 CT and the SIII held up well. Glass is great also. Nightforce would be the gold standard though...

Glass quality is much more important that magnification, in my opinion. It all depends on what type of shooting you are going to do. Bench rest shooters often like high magnification but other shooting styles don't need so much.

I think the SIII glass is the best in the $800 price point(used are even cheaper) and it has ~100MOA of elevation as well, I can almost get out to a mile with my 338 edge without a rail, Z rings or the reticle, the new version has a zero stop, or you can make one for the older version. Plenty of S3's on the competition line without breaking the bank, easy to resell it and upgrade when you have the money.

I've have the below scope and I like it for a under $1K. (Optics Planet)
Leupold VX-3i LRP 8.5-25x50mm Side Focus TMOA Riflescope, Color: Matte, Black, Tube Diameter: 30 mm, Up to 24% Off w/ Free Shipping — 7 models

A rifle of that caliber I would put a nightforce ATACR 7-35 on it....if not nightforce then Kahles. Have you checked out March scopes??

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.