Scope cover

Discussion in 'Backpack Hunting' started by Longshotjames, Jul 25, 2017.

1. pikeman

pikeman Well-Known Member

Scopegaurd Alaska is what I like. Has the loop on the eyepiece side to pull it off faster. Made by vets in the U.S and costs 17 bucks.

2. the hunter

the hunter Well-Known Member

vortex defender flip caps

3. hunterdan

hunterdan Active Member

I also like the scope coats. Great protection easy to remove.

4. Shopdog

Shopdog Member

I hunt in rain and snow and "like it",haha.Neoprene covers are what finally gave the protection needed.Rifle may sit for hours propped on shooting sticks,if feeling charitable it might get a pce of camo sumthinorother thrown over the whole action?But just as often,nothing but scope cover.

RockyMtnMT likes this.
  5. wlane09

wlane09 Member LRH Team Member

My favorite are the scope covers Nightforce comes with. Wish swarovski or Leupold would make them like that

6. Longshotjames

Longshotjames Well-Known Member

Last year on a hunt I had a momma moose and her calf step out on a trail just 20yards in front of us walking right at dusk. The Scopecoat came off quick, had things got dicey I could have shot in an instant. Luckily we were able to back away and let her be on her way w\o confrontation. I was glad i practiced "snap shooting" with the Scopecoat from a slung position!
    James

7. Litehiker

Litehiker Well-Known Member

BW, I've switched from Butler Creek scope caps to Vortex caps. Better in many ways and I like having their optional (online order only) drop table in the ocular cap for quick reference.

Eric B.

8. ATH

ATH Well-Known Member

Butler Creek. Yes, I have seen them break, but not with frequency.

I have tried the Vortex and they are higher quality. Issue is even when tight fitting...VERY tight, when carried on a sling, I had them repeatedly come off. Not very useful sitting on the trail. Found the front one 2 days later walking out. I'll keep using them but will find some way of gluing them on better.

Butler Creek NEVER come off like that....

9. stillkickin

stillkickin Active Member

I’ve used a lot of different brands, switched to a Scopecoat a while back and think it’s the best option for most hunting situations

10. Wyodog

Wyodog Well-Known Member

+1 on the scope coat. Especially when the rifle is secured to my pack because I feel like it give a little protection to the scope. On a side note I also like the rubber Bikini scope covers. They work good in rain and cost about 5 bucks at wallmart.