scope advise x2 (tracking)

D.ID

I need two more scopes. I need to set up this question in order to get the opinions I need. I am not concerned about weight, glass, finish,reticle or location of AO. Strictly concerned with tracking as all of these scopes have good enough glass and controls for my purposes and all will have the range I need with the the proper mounts which I already have. First the heavy gun 30mm tube: I am torn between the SIII Sightron vs 4200 Bushnell both in the 6-24x50 I can get either for essentially the same price. Second the walking stick 1" tube: Nikon monarch 4-16x42 vs 3200 Bushnell 5-15x40 again essentially the same price. Just Tracking reliability? Thanks.

The reputation of Sightron scopes in regards to tracking is top shelf. i'm not going to put it in the same class as a Nightforce, but i have heard some very experienced shooters that do. comparing the tracking of a Sightron against a Bushnell isn't tough for me, i'd put the S way better than the B. i have a 4-16 S11 Big Sky and it is the best tracking scope i've ever owned. i would recommend it for your walking stick. i'm going to buy an S111 8-32 soon namely because of their reputation to track/repeat/hold zero.

Thanks Dave, I have read allot of glowing reports about the siii especially. Have you put some miles on your dials of your big sky? Have you had it along time? Have you or anyone you know had trouble with the Elite series tracking? These particular bushnells have a solid reviews also but I do not now if either the S or B will be more durable. I have looked threw and handled all of these and they all appear well built pieces, and they all get glowing praise for repeatability. I have bean using bdc reticles primarily untill recently and of course they don't ware out, Now I need longer than they can provide but it is rare investment for me and while none of these are nightforce I still need them to last. Thanks again, ........... anyone else?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.