• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage MKII 22lr trainer and Savage 93R 17hmr btvs stainless with awesome wood

2guard

I made the mistake of putting a scope on my Walther match rifle at the first of the month, so I find myself not really wanting to shoot my Savage MKII FV I built last winter. The Savage is as accurate as the other savage rimfires I have had (around 1/2" to 3/4" at 50 usually if I do my part), but my Walther shoots 1/4" and under on a regular basis, and some groups about half of that on occasion, since I scoped it. And after shooting it fifty rounds or so, I switch to the savage and find myself wanting to go back to the walther after a few groups. I would like to keep it because I like repeaters, and I built it to have a 22lr repeater to go with the single shot walther, but I don't really miss it. I'm guessing I need to buy an Anschutz MPR if I want another repeater in the future. It was built to mimic my 243.
Started as an new FV I picked up last fall. I ditched the Tupperware stock and the factory bases were bad. I replaced them with an EGW 20moa rail. I added a Boyds Rimfire Hunter in forest camo laminate along with a DIP trigger guard and thicker bottom metal. And replaced the accutrigger with a Rifle Basix trigger. Had a friend thread the bolt knob and added the tactical bolt know (it is either an EGW or Badger, cant remember) and I added an Anschutz rail on the forearm and a Harris adapter to run my bipod. I left the rail setting a little proud in the stock forearm, mainly because Boyds laminates are soft and didn't want the bipod denting/scratching the laminate. Rifle has about 200 rounds down the tube, looks new (mainly because it almost is), and likes CCI subsonics (although I don't because you get a lot of flyers with them) and Lapua Center-X (my favorite, seems to shoot great in everything). I shot the cci mainly to break it in a bit and I had new box that I had not shot in two years. DOES NOT come with Vortex 5-15x44 seen in pics or the rings. Anyway, here's the specs, pics, etc on the rifle (and what I have in it in parenthesis):
Savage FV 22lr ($225)
EGW 20moa mount($40)
DIP trigger guard ($25) and bottom metal/screws ($25)
Boyds Rimfire Hunter in Forest Camo lam ($92)
Rifle Basix SAV-RAT Trigger ($85)
Tactical bolt knob installed ($50)
Forearm anschutz rail ($50)
Looking for $500 plus shipping. Not interested in trades.
osu5wl.jpg

v4ndc0.jpg

2u6ofip.jpg

2i0u74n.jpg

t8x8ae.jpg

3132747.jpg

Second rifle is a Savage 93r17 in 17hmr in a one of a kind boyds stock. I bought it off another forum about 5 years ago, and I have never seen another one like it and they have never offered one like it. I am guessing they made it for a trade show or someone they knew. It has a couple of little pinholes on one side of the butt, but is in excellent condition and always gets comments. Makes the 93 look a little like a cooper. I bought the 93 as a BTVS, it is a pre-e receiver, stainless with stainless trigger guard and bm. has the accutrigger, not sure what it is set at as I have never messed with it. The bases had been replaced when I got it, and they are a little taller than the factory ones. I run low rings on all the scopes I have had on it from 50mm down to 40mm. Rifle is accurate, around 1/2" depending on ammo. I have not shot it in about 2 years, but as with most 17hmrs, the problem is consistent ammo. I would get flyers with all the ammo I tried. It likes the standard 17gr hornady or Winchester. It does not like the light or heavy (15.5 or 20gr) ammo.
I will take $500 without the scope, or I also have a Boyds Evo stock I could exchange for the fire maple one on it for $100 less, so $400 with the Boyds Evo and no scope. I hate to sell it because I love the stock and how it looks with the stainless, but like I said, I haven't shot it in almost 2 years and it has become a safe queen and I would rather see someone use it. I will not sell the stocks separately unless the rifle and one of them sell first. Pretty firm on the price as it sets, I have had multiple offers on the stock over $200. Not interested in trades, taking the funds from these two and either building another 243 or buying an Anschutz MPR. Prices do not include shipping.
2r3axz6.jpg

2ihkz7k.jpg

couple of 5 shot groups at 50 from a few years ago, shot from this 17hmr
b3mnuq.jpg

Some pics of groups from the fv and the evo stock.
a few 5 shot groups at 50 from the fv. these are pretty typical groups of this rifle. all of these were shot with CCI subsonic.
2pre8n7.jpg

2j330br.jpg

s3f3tv.jpg

ruwjnb.jpg

and the reason I am selling the fv- a few 5 shot groups from my walther. These are typical of it on a regular basis if I do my part.
2el8mc1.jpg

kb64gn.jpg

the evo stock. it is for sale separately for $100 plus $15 shipping. It comes with blued trigger guard and factory savage bottom metal).
34ywhlk.jpg

2wf1ijr.jpg

2ptysqp.jpg

evo stock and trigger guard/bm sold.

Trades added:

Trade either rifle for a Tikka T3 223

partial trade on savage short action staggerfeed stock (4.27" spacing), either HS Precision or Stockade (preferably woodchuck or Pdog, but let me know what you have)

Recent Posts