• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage MKII 22lr trainer and Savage 93R 17hmr btvs stainless with awesome wood

2guard

I made the mistake of putting a scope on my Walther match rifle at the first of the month, so I find myself not really wanting to shoot my Savage MKII FV I built last winter. The Savage is as accurate as the other savage rimfires I have had (around 1/2" to 3/4" at 50 usually if I do my part), but my Walther shoots 1/4" and under on a regular basis, and some groups about half of that on occasion, since I scoped it. And after shooting it fifty rounds or so, I switch to the savage and find myself wanting to go back to the walther after a few groups. I would like to keep it because I like repeaters, and I built it to have a 22lr repeater to go with the single shot walther, but I don't really miss it. I'm guessing I need to buy an Anschutz MPR if I want another repeater in the future. It was built to mimic my 243.
Started as an new FV I picked up last fall. I ditched the Tupperware stock and the factory bases were bad. I replaced them with an EGW 20moa rail. I added a Boyds Rimfire Hunter in forest camo laminate along with a DIP trigger guard and thicker bottom metal. And replaced the accutrigger with a Rifle Basix trigger. Had a friend thread the bolt knob and added the tactical bolt know (it is either an EGW or Badger, cant remember) and I added an Anschutz rail on the forearm and a Harris adapter to run my bipod. I left the rail setting a little proud in the stock forearm, mainly because Boyds laminates are soft and didn't want the bipod denting/scratching the laminate. Rifle has about 200 rounds down the tube, looks new (mainly because it almost is), and likes CCI subsonics (although I don't because you get a lot of flyers with them) and Lapua Center-X (my favorite, seems to shoot great in everything). I shot the cci mainly to break it in a bit and I had new box that I had not shot in two years. DOES NOT come with Vortex 5-15x44 seen in pics or the rings. Anyway, here's the specs, pics, etc on the rifle (and what I have in it in parenthesis):
Savage FV 22lr ($225)
EGW 20moa mount($40)
DIP trigger guard ($25) and bottom metal/screws ($25)
Boyds Rimfire Hunter in Forest Camo lam ($92)
Rifle Basix SAV-RAT Trigger ($85)
Tactical bolt knob installed ($50)
Forearm anschutz rail ($50)
Looking for $500 plus shipping. Not interested in trades.
osu5wl.jpg

v4ndc0.jpg

2u6ofip.jpg

2i0u74n.jpg

t8x8ae.jpg

3132747.jpg

Second rifle is a Savage 93r17 in 17hmr in a one of a kind boyds stock. I bought it off another forum about 5 years ago, and I have never seen another one like it and they have never offered one like it. I am guessing they made it for a trade show or someone they knew. It has a couple of little pinholes on one side of the butt, but is in excellent condition and always gets comments. Makes the 93 look a little like a cooper. I bought the 93 as a BTVS, it is a pre-e receiver, stainless with stainless trigger guard and bm. has the accutrigger, not sure what it is set at as I have never messed with it. The bases had been replaced when I got it, and they are a little taller than the factory ones. I run low rings on all the scopes I have had on it from 50mm down to 40mm. Rifle is accurate, around 1/2" depending on ammo. I have not shot it in about 2 years, but as with most 17hmrs, the problem is consistent ammo. I would get flyers with all the ammo I tried. It likes the standard 17gr hornady or Winchester. It does not like the light or heavy (15.5 or 20gr) ammo.
I will take $500 without the scope, or I also have a Boyds Evo stock I could exchange for the fire maple one on it for $100 less, so $400 with the Boyds Evo and no scope. I hate to sell it because I love the stock and how it looks with the stainless, but like I said, I haven't shot it in almost 2 years and it has become a safe queen and I would rather see someone use it. I will not sell the stocks separately unless the rifle and one of them sell first. Pretty firm on the price as it sets, I have had multiple offers on the stock over $200. Not interested in trades, taking the funds from these two and either building another 243 or buying an Anschutz MPR. Prices do not include shipping.
2r3axz6.jpg

2ihkz7k.jpg

couple of 5 shot groups at 50 from a few years ago, shot from this 17hmr
b3mnuq.jpg

Some pics of groups from the fv and the evo stock.
a few 5 shot groups at 50 from the fv. these are pretty typical groups of this rifle. all of these were shot with CCI subsonic.
2pre8n7.jpg

2j330br.jpg

s3f3tv.jpg

ruwjnb.jpg

and the reason I am selling the fv- a few 5 shot groups from my walther. These are typical of it on a regular basis if I do my part.
2el8mc1.jpg

kb64gn.jpg

the evo stock. it is for sale separately for $100 plus $15 shipping. It comes with blued trigger guard and factory savage bottom metal).
34ywhlk.jpg

2wf1ijr.jpg

2ptysqp.jpg

evo stock and trigger guard/bm sold.

Trades added:

Trade either rifle for a Tikka T3 223

partial trade on savage short action staggerfeed stock (4.27" spacing), either HS Precision or Stockade (preferably woodchuck or Pdog, but let me know what you have)