• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage LRPV large shank .223 26" 1:9 twist take off barrel - $265 shipped

I will trade my standard shank 22-250 26" 12 twist hv barrel and 50 loaded rounds of 53grn v-maxs, or you can drop it down to around 180, not bashing but us savage gurus know we can get a brand new McGowen identical to your barrel for 270, just a thought.

Backwoods83 (Savage guru),

I based my asking price off of what Jim Briggs (the real Savage guru) of Northland Shooters Supply (distributor of Criterion and McGowen prefits) asks for a brand new Savage 12 LRPV 1:9 twist large shank .223 barrel which is $293 shipped. Considering it's only had 50 rounds through it, I thought $28 off of his price was a good starting point. Now that I'll take $250, that's $43 off.

Wasn't meant to offend you, but I guess that's the reason he has so many of them and not very many people buy barrels from him anymore, good luck selling it, maybe someone will bite if you bump it another 10 or 15 times.

Wasn't meant to offend you, but I guess that's the reason he has so many of them and not very many people buy barrels from him anymore, good luck selling it, maybe someone will bite if you bump it another 10 or 15 times.

No offense taken. Thanks for the reply and your input. I'd like to know where your getting your Savage barrels from that have such great prices? Better than Jim Briggs?