Savage blind mag mod

Dead Beat

hey y'all i ben itching to try and build a rifle so I'm getting read to build/assemble my first semi custom rifle based on the savage 10 fp action 223 which has a blind mag . first of i order a A5 laminate stock from Joel Russo and would like to make it a dropped floor plate is there some one that makes a trigger guard drop floor plate that will match up to this action or will the the guard assembly of a model 16 fit i plan on SS fluted barrel for it also

thanks Jim

You might want to go with the new removable mag model from Savage. They don't make one in 223 yet, but you can tweak the 308 mag to feed at least two rounds. If you are going with a 22-250 or larger case, then you are good to go with the 308 or the WSM removable mags.

Kevin Rayhill at Stockade Stocks is supposedly going to be making stocks for this action. His varmint stock with an adjustable cheek piece is a great stock and will cost you quite a bit less than the Mac.

thanks for the info i bought the 223 already as a matter of fact i just walked in the door with it. 10 day Waite here in Arnold land as far as modifying the mag box that's no problem been a metal worker welder for 38 years and full blown wood shop as a hobby the wood work is easy also . i never thought about the detachable mag i need to check into is if the bolt holes line up for the trigger guard/floor plate it should work. I'm going to have joel inlet it for the blind mag and ill take it from there thanks again for the info

thanks Jim

Action screw spacing has changed for virtually all of the new Savage actions so the bottom metal for the center feed removable mags won't fit the older actions, which means if you have the older style action, you may have problems fitting one with the new mags....

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.