ground blind cooling

7mmpoppy

Just got my new ground blind and would like advise on how i might cool it off while hunting....... bought it so my 9 yr old girl can go with me but know it will be rough on her in the heat. are there fans that are quiet enough for hunting?
not sure if gun or bow yet, depends on location after scouting.

Just got my new ground blind and would like advise on how i might cool it off while hunting....... bought it so my 9 yr old girl can go with me but know it will be rough on her in the heat. are there fans that are quiet enough for hunting?
not sure if gun or bow yet, depends on location after scouting.

Never hunted from a blind, but Ive spent a bunch of time in a tent. There are battery opperated fans from Bi-mart, etc. that when kept on low dont hardly make a sound. Place the fan over a block of ice in a pan or cooler, and it works well to cool off a tent, even in Hells Canyon at 114+ degree summer time heat.

if your blind does not have a floor built in lift it off the ground a couple of inches to get air circulation. I have only done this quit a bit for turkey hunting works well. hope this helps

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.