Savage barrel thread size

The Mcmillan does not, but the LRPV does..... If you want a WSM, I would suggest buying a target action, adding a barrel in caliber of your choice, and putting it in a compatable stock....(The only problem with the LRPV and target actions..... Three stock bolts instead of two)

[ QUOTE ]
The Mcmillan does not, but the LRPV does..... If you want a WSM, I would suggest buying a target action, adding a barrel in caliber of your choice, and putting it in a compatable stock....(The only problem with the LRPV and target actions..... Three stock bolts instead of two)

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is three stock bolts a problem?

Its not, just a new action and the stock makers havent got set up for them yet

d-a

I could buy a 12 BVSS in 300wsm and hope I get a shooter and add a better tigger, but are the stocks very good quality? I like the buy a target action and add a quality barrel and stock idea except I live in canada and shipping, duty and exchange can get quite expensive. Can you get the target action with a WSM bolt head? Could buy a 12 F/TR and a 300 WSM bolt head and barrel never hurts to have a spare .308 on hand.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, I want to make the right decision insted of kicking myself later.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts