savage 10ml load data

rj-porter

Looking for load data for the savage. I would like to see muzzle velocity if able to provide them.
Thanks in advance
RJ

Yep. I've checked them out. Also shoot some of the loads. I'm just checking out what everyone is shooting.

I am shooting the 300 gr. Bsrnes original and my son in law is using the 300 gr. Harvester Scorpion both over Viht. N120. My load is verified at 2290fps.

65-70gr of H4198 with 300gr Barnes Orignal SSP in a Harvester Black Crush Rib shoots the best in most guns. That gets you around 2400fps.

If your barrel is really tight, it might shoot the load better with an MMP Orange, but the majority of guns shoot better with the black crush rib.

LUke

I have shot the load Luke reccomended thru my Gun when it was an original 50 cal . My velocity was 2465 I was able to hold the average groups at 300 yards around the 5 inches. Sometimes much better.
after the 50 cal ate one of my leupolds with the recoil, I converted to 45 caliber. Now I am so confident with the gun I dont hesitate to shoot the does in the head if they are under 100 yards . P.S for those who don't approve of head shots I respect your efforts for humane kills. If you dont approve of them please dont contaiminate this thread with your views.

I tested a few and ended up shooting one of the recommended loads from the Savage manual. 44.0gr of 5744 with a 250gr Hornady XTP in a black MMP sabot.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.