SAUM’s Share yours from Hunting or Comp. Pics Heavy !!

Had my first 7 saum built on a tikka action this past year and love it.

Attachments

• IMG_2004.png
    IMG_2004.png
    317.2 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2003.png
    IMG_2003.png
    164.2 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2005.png
    IMG_2005.png
    479.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2006.png
    IMG_2006.png
    589.9 KB · Views: 103
IMG_3027.JPG

IMG_3028.JPG

Lighting in the pics suck. I'll get some better daytime pics later but its pouring rain.

I cut this barrel last night and assembled the it all this morning. Will test fire this weekend. This was built just to shoot Berger 195 EOL's only but will test 180's and 175's also.

Terminus Kratos Lite
Brux 27" Medium Palma 4 Groove 8" Twist
APA Gen 3 Brake
Hawkins M5 DBM RUM 3.715"
Trigger Tech Diamond Pro
Manners PH Stock
NF Ultra 6 screw Rings
ATACR 5-25

Reamer used is JGS with a 0.200" FB

These pics are touching lands.
195's:
IMG_3033.JPG

180's:
IMG_3035.JPG

My goal with this one is testing between the CF 8" twist 5R and the SS 4 Groove 8" same length same reamer with the 195's. Ultimately I'm hoping to match the same performance as the CF and maybe exceed. If so then that will be the direction I take the 300 SAUM's also with the 215's.

View attachment 535907

View attachment 535908

Lighting in the pics suck. I'll get some better daytime pics later but its pouring rain.

I cut this barrel last night and assembled the it all this morning. Will test fire this weekend. This was built just to shoot Berger 195 EOL's only but will test 180's and 175's also.

Terminus Kratos Lite
Brux 27" Medium Palma 4 Groove 8" Twist
APA Gen 3 Brake
Hawkins M5 DBM RUM 3.715"
Trigger Tech Diamond Pro
Manners PH Stock
NF Ultra 6 screw Rings
ATACR 5-25

Reamer used is JGS with a 0.200" FB

These pics are touching lands.
195's:
View attachment 535909

180's:
View attachment 535911

My goal with this one is testing between the CF 8" twist 5R and the SS 4 Groove 8" same length same reamer with the 195's. Ultimately I'm hoping to match the same performance as the CF and maybe exceed. If so then that will be the direction I take the 300 SAUM's also with the 215's.
How fast do you think you can push the 195s?

Throat it longer and it will!. Only takes 5 min
Longtine, what do I need to do to specify a longer throat to a pre-fit manufacturer? Is there a universal freebore dimension that can be stated for a 7 SAUM that allows 195's in a long action? Or are you mocking up your overall cartridge length? Or better yet Base to Ogive and sending that to the barrel maker? It really looks like you probably have a lathe and doing your own, I see what looks like at least a mill (possibly mill/lathe combo) in the background. I have never specified anything but a SAAMI chamber on any of the barrels I have ordered, so that would be new to me.

If your having someone cut your prefits the most accurate way for them is to use a dummy brass that you send them with your exact length with the bullet your intend to use . And they can use it to set your freebore and even headspace. If you have an existing rifle say standard SAAMI chamber 7mm saum. You can either buy a Uni throater reamer kit or you can have a gunsmith just extend your throat for you. I'll try to pm you some videos and links for you to use.

To help give people information on
What's Special about a SAUM?

I'd like to keep this thread about the SAUM,s only that utilize headstamped
Brass in 6.5, 7, & 300 SAUM.

I'd like to see Rifle build pics guys are using chambered in SAUM.

Also include some positive information in regards to the benefits & Performance you've experienced from your SAUM rifles, to help introduce & promote the SAUM to others.
As well as highlighting any advantages you attribute to the cartridge itself.
ie: overachieving, easy to load, versatile,
Inherently accurate, etc.

This is to piggy back off of another thread I started recently to help promote continued support of a cartridge that performs really well, & deserves to have more Brass options made available.

Help Keep the SAUM's Alive !!!

Thank you for your support.

Now share your Great pics & Experience of your favorite SAUM.
Seeing as this is hunting builds heavy, thought I'd leave out my hunting 7 SAUM and show off my F-Class SAUM.

The 7 SAUM is probably the best around cartridge out there, super accurate, easy to tune, and good barrel life.

The only downfall is that the only top tier brass available is ADG, and if your not on top of it, it can take awhile to get.

Have only shot 5 600 yard matches and made highmaster by my 4th match. Regularly keeping 75% of my shots in a 3" group.

have shot 3 1,000 yard matches and barely missed making High Master by 2 points.
Regularly keeping 50% (10 out of 20) in a 5" group.

With 2,000 rounds on the barrel My last relay at Rattlesnake in Benton WA at 1,000 yards shot a 199 out of 200 with 10 MPH winds.

Not bad for a newbie, it's truly all about the 7 saum and the ease of using it.

Now if Lapua will just jump on the bandwagon, they will make a fortune and a bunch of people might start finding out what they've been missing out on.

Couple picks of rifle, initial powder test and an amazing 6.4 x 4.2" 26 shot group at 1,000 yards doing a seating depth test from .010 to .100 jump, truly an easy gun to tune.

Attachments

• IMG_4108.jpeg
    IMG_4108.jpeg
    484 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4111.jpeg
    IMG_4111.jpeg
    332.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4202.jpeg
    IMG_4202.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2343.jpeg
    IMG_2343.jpeg
    331.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2344.jpeg
    IMG_2344.jpeg
    338.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot 2023-07-24 075435.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-24 075435.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 58
Wow pudgy very nice. Checking a shooter meaning both!

So question, how many saums'snare you seeing in f class. I really don't know why there are not more shooting it. I figured with the 190 and it's incredible bc it would be a no brainer. I mean the rifles are so heavy a 4 year old could shoot them without much recoil.

I would love to hear more about the data, velocity, bullet using, etc. maybe a new thread would be best.