Sako

etisll40

Does anyone know of or what a pre-Garcia Sako action is or have seen one?

When were they built?

Was it a better or is it a better or different action than is currently used on their new rifle line?

Thanks,
Ed

Does anyone know of or what a pre-Garcia Sako action is or have seen one?

When were they built?

Was it a better or is it a better or different action than is currently used on their new rifle line?

Thanks,
Ed

Pre-Garcia Sako's are pre-1972 made rifles. L-461 is the Vixen or short actions. Serial #'s will be under 100,000. L-579 are the Forresters. Serial #'s under 100,000 also. L-61 is the Finnbear. Serial #'s are under 60,000 for pre-72 models.

There are a number of differences with post-72 guns, but it is a little much to type. I think the current line is fine, but the early post 72 models were no where near the quality of pre-72's. Think pre-64 Winchester. When the bean counters got involved, the product took a dive.

The Sako TRG, is probably the best out of the box rifle that can be had.

With regard to Sako, included, I am looking for a very reliable action, especially in cold or wet, dirty weather with strong capabilities to feed and extract, for dangerous game hunting, with 1" or less accuracy out to 300 yards but more so under 100. Black bear, hog, Russian bore. Possibly wolves. I like the 35 Whelen cartridge and looking for ideas. Would a 30-06 TRG like that exist/

Thanks,
Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.