Sako S20

ceard

I received in the S20 I ordered and some people wanted me to let them know my thoughts and I was looking for this info before I purchased but could only find parts. I will post additional reviews in the future on it as I change some things and make some modifications.
Only thing I have to say right now is about the fit, finish and stock.

The finish looks great, the bolt lift and closing are smooth and easy for a 3 lug. And the stroke is very smooth before being broke in.

The fit is good to ok, but some notes, I have to take the for-end off to see if I can slightly adjust the position L/R as the barrel sits about .075 further to the left of the for-end but does not touch. It does not affect functionality, but it is noticeable if it is something that bothers you. I have definitely seen much worse. The seam of the plastic definitely needed a little better finishing. I will be hitting it with some light sandpaper and then taking the stock apart putting release agent on one side adhesion promoter on the other and filling in all the small seams with a filler material. Once done I may or may not texturize some areas, but I will be having it cerakoted.

The biggest worry that I had from reading other mentions was that the plastic stock was going to feel flimsy or weak. It does feel like plastic it is hard and sound off like expected when tapped. It is not flimsy feeling however, I work with plastics, resins, and fiber materials professionally and it does not have the feel of a plastic that would easily crack. My two concerns would be if the rifle was dropped from a height of more than a few feet and hit a single and small point on the stock with the entire weight or the rifle. I will test this as soon as I naturally get some blemishes, I'm sorry but I don't think I can purposely hurt a new rifle even if the end result is just a dent or chip, I need to get some use before I potentially need to repair it lol. Also this would be hard to do as the rifle is definitely weighted toward the front of the mag well and will naturally fall with much more weight toward the front. The other is with very cold weather. However, I have no way to test that, short of taking it off putting it in a bag under ice then taking it out and shooting it to see how it hold up. Which I may do but it will be next winter. As with the temps here in the spring and summer it would de-thaw before I could attach it and shoot more than a few rounds.

Overall for the sale price right now of just over 1000.00 after tax and shipping I am happy. A three-lug donor action would cost almost as much without barrel or stock. And the stock is shootable and comfortable to me as is I just want to see If I can get a better feel out of it. Anyway hope this helps anyone looking at the sale and when I get out to the range and then after I have it re-barreled and cerakoted I will post an update.
The order in which I do those things will greatly affect the how long until my next post about it will be as funds are a little shorter than expected as I had some unfortunate med expenses pop up. Thanks again to all who responded in my original purchasing thread as well.