Sako S20 opinions

Huntz

I have been thinking about buying one .Not sure what cartridge yet ,but am considering 270, 308, 6.5CM.I would want the Hunting stock. I have not had one in my hands yet. Not something I need for any particular reason. I just like to try out different rifles. Just wondering if any here have shot them and what their opinions are.Thanks ahead,Huntz

I have been thinking about buying one .Not sure what cartridge yet ,but am considering 270, 308, 6.5CM.I would want the Hunting stock. I have not had one in my hands yet. Not something I need for any particular reason. I just like to try out different rifles. Just wondering if any here have shot them and what their opinions are.Thanks ahead,Huntz
I ordered the Hunter model for a friend. Very comfortable in the hands. I didn't get behind it at all but the report back from him was it shot great and felt real good. His is a 6.5CM.

Check out Eurooptic.com if you want a deal on one:

• 6.5CM is $1099.00
  • 270 is $1,199.00
  • 308 is $1,299.00
  • 6.5 PRC is $1,099.00 - Not mentioned in your post but maybe worth a look?

I have a S20 Precision in 300 Win Mag. I got it when they first came out. They're all the same size actions. Just like a tikka, they're all long actions. Bolt stop and magazine differences is only difference in short action vs. long action.

They're super smooth, just like all SAKO/Tikka. They are a three lug action, so bolt lift is short and shouldn't interfere with scope mounting.

They're not lightweight but they're not heavy. BUT, for a chassis based rifle system, I'd say they are light weight.

There's no MOA built into the built-in rail. That's a head scratcher... But, they have a 20 MOA base you can buy. It's a very, very nice mount (I have one). The way you can adjust ring spacing on the mount is a neat feature (especially if you run a compact scope).

Accuracy is great on mine. I haven't totally settled on a load yet. I was waiting until I could get enough Berger 215's to see what I can do with them. I have them but it's winter and I just don't trust myself to do load development when I'm shivering. The Berger 230's OTMs shot amazingly well. I coulda, woulda, shoulda just stuck with those and moved on.

Last edited: