SOLD/EXPIRED Sako M995 TRG-S 7mm STW

bobs

I am looking to sell my Sako 7mm STW in order to afford a new one. Nothing wrong with the old one, but I recently built a new STW that is exactly what I've always wanted, and now I have to pay for it.

The rifle for sale is a Sako model 995 - Factory original - no upgrades or changes other than a trigger job (2lbs, breaks like glass)
. You will love this trigger. If you are not familiar with this rifle, It is built on the TRG-S action, which is a magnum length, 3 lug push feed design. It has a 26" medium contour free floated barrel, black synthetic monte carlo stock with a nice palm swell. The action is a matte blue finish and the barrel & bolt handle are a high luster blue. One feature I really like is the detachable box magazine which holds 4 rounds and is plenty long to seat bullets out there.

Some background... I bought it 10 years ago when I lived in Colorado. I only hunted one elk season with it before I had to move to Illinois and I have not hunted with it since. I have fired exactly 60 rounds through it, all factory loads. More recently I got into handloading and I now have the opportunity to hunt out west again, so I put a new scope on it and got ready to work up some loads. That is when the NEW STW entered my life - One of those deals I just couldn't pass up.

The Sako
always functioned perfectly and is in 99% condition. For me this rifle was always a pleasure to shoot, recoil is very manageable, probably due to the stock design. Accuracy was very good and I was planning to refine it further with handloads. I have 2 sets of Leupold rings (med & high) that mate with the integral dovetail bases on the receiver. The rifle weighs 9.2 lbs with a brand new Leupold 4.5x14x40 matte VX3 CDS on it. I would sell with or without the scope.

Rifle with 2 sets of rings rings - $995.00 OBO

Rifle with scope & rings - $1490.00 OBO

Feel free to call me 970 946 3894 or email - [email protected]

Attachments

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce