Sako A7 Tecomate

smithstation

I went to a CDA (California Deer Association) dinner last night and my wife won two guns. She won a Howa 22-250 and the Sako Tacomate in 300WSM.

I would like to know others opinion on the Tecomate. Its a biit on the light side but are they an accurate factory gun? What sort of groups and consistancy should I expect out of it. Is loading a must? Before I go buy brass and dies I want to know if I should even keep it. Most of my guns now are Remington 700's and a few Brownings. Looking to start shooting 500-800 yards and thought maybe the Tecomate would be a good learning gun. Also, how is the recoil on the 300WSM, should I look into a muzzle break for it? Thanks!!

Thanks. I am debating weather to trade the two guns for maybe a sendero... Would like something some what "out of the box" that I can shoot out to the 800 yard mark. Thanks again!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.