sako 85 long range

Trm82

Just wondering if anyone has shot one of these in 300wm yet? If so how was the performance and your reviews and what kind of price are they in the United States? They seem pretty hard to find.

Well no replies!! Well I'm from Canada and I was just curious what you guys were paying south of the border because I see them listed on europtic Web site for $2499 your dollar and I just bought one here in Canada for $2020 our dollar. I thought I would pay $2750-2800 here. But what a beautiful rifle. Nicest rifle I've ever owned. I will report back from the range once I get there.

Okay so I have found the load I'm going to use now in this gun. It seems to like the bergers the most. I have shot 168 ttsx, 165 accubond, and 185 vld. 74 gr of h4350 and the 185 vld gives a 3 shot average of 3072 fps and a 0.9" group at 200 yards. I could go a grain or two higher but 3072 is good enough for me . I'm very pleased with this gun so far and it's a pleasure to shoot. Once the weather clears here I will stretch it out to 500-800 yards and report back.

Forgot to mention that it is not a light gun, with a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 and Talley steel rings it weighs 11 lbs.

Okay so I have found the load I'm going to use now in this gun. It seems to like the bergers the most. I have shot 168 ttsx, 165 accubond, and 185 vld. 74 gr of h4350 and the 185 vld gives a 3 shot average of 3072 fps and a 0.9" group at 200 yards. I could go a grain or two higher but 3072 is good enough for me . I'm very pleased with this gun so far and it's a pleasure to shoot. Once the weather clears here I will stretch it out to 500-800 yards and report back.

Hello Trm82,
how did you do with your rifle at the longer ranges? I'm about to order this rifle right now but would like to hear your experience anyway.

Thanks,
William

Well no replies!! Well I'm from Canada and I was just curious what you guys were paying south of the border because I see them listed on europtic Web site for $2499 your dollar and I just bought one here in Canada for $2020 our dollar. I thought I would pay $2750-2800 here. But what a beautiful rifle. Nicest rifle I've ever owned. I will report back from the range once I get there.

2020 canadian! awesome. can't wait to see a pic. roninflag

Well I hate to tell you but I didn't get a chance to shoot it long range. Its gone already to fund a 28 nosler. Heres a picture of the gun and the load it shot really well.

Attachments

• sako long range group.jpg
    sako long range group.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 481
  • Sako long range.jpg
    Sako long range.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 611
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts