sako 85 long range

I have one in 338 lap topped with a nightforce atacr 5-25. It's a dream to shoot. Brake is very effective and the rifle is super accurate.

GL

What are you shooting out of your 338 ? I plan on maybe getting another one this winter in 338 .

Mostly 300 gr sierra match kings over 89.3gr of ar2225 (retumbo) for 2650 fps. Shoots consistent 1/2 inch groups. Lapua and Norma brass.

I've recently picked up a box of Nosler Custom Comp 300s but haven't tried them yet.

Ive only shot paper/steel with it so far out to 1000m. For hunting down here (Australia) l'd prefer 225 gr (I have a box of Speer soft points) for pigs and goats - I'd be confident out to 700m on game that size.

GL

I recently bought the Sako long range in 300 win mag. I put a swaro scope on it, and it shoots pretty dead on. Heavy rig, 11 pounds or so with scope, but with that muzzle break largely kickless and dead on accurate. No detachabel magazine that you normally see with a Sako, but it cycles smooth and shoots great.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts