Sako 75 scope mounts

bankbum

I have a sako 75 with optilok rings/bases..and they continue to come lose

Are there any other options available. I can't seem to find any options available recently. Most of what I'm finding are no longer made

The one piece sako optilok ring mounts are pretty solid, if they fit your scopes objective lens size...
A couple of other options are Conetrol mounts,,, S&K mounts....

The one piece sako optilok ring mounts are pretty solid, if they fit your scopes objective lens size...
A couple of other options are Conetrol mounts,,, S&K mounts....
I just ordered the 1 piece optiloks today. Took me a while to figure out they only make them in 1 height. But they will clear my scope good.

Leupold make mounts that will hold in place. Recknagel make picatinny rails and claws to suit Sako bases. Millet also make base and ring sets but I've found that cannot tolerate 375 H&H recoil levels.

I went with Talley 34mm Screw-lock Detachable rings and steel base for my 85. It should be the same for the 75, but check with them.

That's what I'm looking for. But they don't have them listed anymore
When I did mine (about 10 years ago) I had to call. I spoke with Randy, I think he is a manager there or was. They weren't listed but they had them. And apparently there was quite a variance on those dove tails. He had me measure mine at the widest and narrowest point and give him the dimensions so he could make sure they had a set that would work. It would be worth a call. He actually sent me them to confirm they fit, then I called and paid for them to prevent having to do a refund/return process. I was impressed with his helpfulness, and the mounts are great. They hold my scope and I have never had an issue with them.

I just removed some sako 2 piece optilok mounts from a Sako brown bear in 375 H&H that I bought. They held the scope up way too high off of the receiver. I believe I could have gotten some lower rings and switched them out to help a little bit, but instead I chose to use the Leupold 2 piece quick detach low rings with bases. The brown bear comes with excellent iron sights, and I wanted the option to use them if needed in certain hunting situations. The leupold sako quick detach bases are very similar to the sako optilok bases and "clamp" on to the tapered dovetail of the sako receiver via a torx screw/clamp. The quick detach low rings come on and off with the flip of a small lever on the side of the bases. I have read many good reviews with this leupold combination, but have not made it to the range yet. I just acquired this rifle last week. Btw, if anyone is interested in the two piece sako optilok rings and bases, let me know. They are in perfect shape and I would sell for a reasonable price.