Best scope mount system for SAKO 75

SAKO75HUNTER

i stripped a hex head screw on my optilocks for the 15th time. I do like the plastic insertc to maximize contact and minimize torquing of the scope. What other mounts are worth a look> ANyone try S&K rings?

Yep, those screws can be a pain in the you know what. I've installed Conetrol mounts on one of my 75's and I like em' a lot. The only drawback to Conetrols is that they're somewhat more difficult to work with. If you're going to mount a scope and leave it, they should be fine. If you change scopes frequently they may not be the best option.

I've heard that Talley makes mounts for the 75, but I have not seen or used any.

www.conetrol.com

I know saomeone out there makes picat. rails for the sako 75, but don´t have the details.

I would go for harder screws for those same mounts. Otherwise those are excellent mounts. If had to replace those I would probably take Burris Signature rings.

I have talley mounts on several model 75 sako's. Great mounts, but the best I have found for the price are the 2 piece picatinny mounts made by IOR/Valdada...you can reach Val of IOR at 1-303-979-4578 and he has them in stock. They slide on the tapered dovetail like the talley and then have a set screw that goes down into the knurled surface of the 75 so the bases won't walk off...almost identical to the talley with more versatility for ring position.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.