Sake S20

Fatboy1970

Hey guys, been looking at rifles for new year purchase. Stopped at a Bass Pro just to view a couple of different rifles. After talking some with the counter guy, he showed me a SAKO S20. Felt nice, action is smooth, has a lot of options to customize much like the Tikka. The " hunting stock " that was on this rifle, looks weird to me, so last night I done some research about their rifles. I knew cold hammer forging was used on artillery barrels but not on small bore precision rifles. I know the guarantee, just wanted to some additional thoughts from people with more knowledge than myself. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!!!…..I mean Happy Holidays.

hammer forgeing is a very popular method of producing barrels over here in U.K. and Europe. The sako rifles are also very popular here in the U.K. I would say the vast majority of clients I guide will have a sako. The finnlight in 270 win seems to be a popular model. I wasn't taken with the s20. I'm not bashing it it just wasn't my cup of tea. I ended up with a finnlight 2 in 6.5 creedmoor.

hammer forgeing is a very popular method of producing barrels over here in U.K. and Europe. The sako rifles are also very popular here in the U.K. I would say the vast majority of clients I guide will have a sako. The finnlight in 270 win seems to be a popular model. I wasn't taken with the s20. I'm not bashing it it just wasn't my cup of tea. I ended up with a finnlight 2 in 6.5 creedmoor.
Thanks for your input