Safety glasses recommendations

Amazon has cheapos that work for old eyes with different reader powers, I used before cataract surgery.
After surgery.......Tom Waters pipeliner RX
Morgan optical.

Last edited:
3M Polarized and Anti-Fog, usually pick em up at a welding supply but, even the Home Depot has em nowadays.

There should be no shortage of safety /shooting glasses out there for under $30. Looks and comfort are subjective and up to you. They have to have the ANSI Z87 rating to be considered shatterproof safety glasses. Now days most are pretty good optically as far as distortion but some are better than others I'm sure. I like rose tint more than amber in most light. Not that there aren't quality poly lenses available but I don't think it's worth spending big money on lenses that aren't glass. They are too easy to get BS scuffs and scratches on.

There should be no shortage of safety /shooting glasses out there for under $30. Looks and comfort are subjective and up to you. They have to have the ANSI Z87 rating to be considered shatterproof safety glasses. Now days most are pretty good optically as far as distortion but some are better than others I'm sure. I like rose tint more than amber in most light. Not that there aren't quality poly lenses available but I don't think it's worth spending big money on lenses that aren't glass. They are too easy to get BS scuffs and scratches on.
I just buy the cheap plastic ones and when they get scratched, I toss them.

One of the reasons why I'm looking into these Allen Shooting glasses. I can wear them over my prescriptions and they are ANSI Z87 rated. I'll use them for pistol and rifle that way i'll shoot the same even if i don't have them.

these are quite comfy imo. no amber or pink lenses tho

It wouldn't make sense to me to buy a $500-$1500 rifle scope and then use a pair of cheap safety glasses. I'd look for something of high quality.

Just my thoughts.
In the year 2000 my wife bought me a pair of sunglasses for which she paid $220 (that is $395 in today's money). I promptly lost them on a mule deer hunt. That is why I buy cheap sunglasses and cheap safety glasses. Also, it leaves money left over to buy Nightforce scopes!

In the year 2000 my wife bought me a pair of sunglasses for which she paid $220 (that is $395 in today's money). I promptly lost them on a mule deer hunt. That is why I buy cheap sunglasses and cheap safety glasses. Also, it leaves money left over to buy Nightforce scopes!
I know the feeling pardner!