Hunting with Glasses

I hunt a lot and wear progressive bifocals,walked a lot of beams really high up before retirement.My eye doctor dropped the bifocal 2 mm lower and never had a problem.Just have to raise my chin a little bit to use the bifocal.

I have recently started to need glasses, with corrections for both distance and close up. I find bifocals and progressive lenses to be dangerous in the "woods" because I tend to misjudge my footing with them on. This has led to some comical and spectacular falls, but fortunately no injuries yet. I really need them, especially for seeing my scope dial.

Question: has anyone used nonstandard bifocals? As an example, having a small reading lense on one side, in an out of the way place, or bifocal lenses on the top of one or both lenses?

I will carry dime store readers for map reading, but in a crunch situation I think these wouldn't work super well.
Wear your distance glasses for travel, then wear your bifocals during shot opportunities. Or buy a scope turret magnifier like this and wear your distance glasses all the time.

Have not read all of this
But
At 42 had to begin wearing no line progressive bifocal glasses.
Took a while to get used to but worked.
They told me I was not a candidate for contacts,
Which like many, I figured I could never get in my eye anyway.
Five years later at the same eye place a different doctor asked why I didn't wear contacts.
🤔🤨
Now I've been wearing contacts for 5 years.
Same thing, took some gettin used to but now I don't know why evry one who can, doesn't wear them.
Pretty sure every lens combination that there is for glasses, you can get in contacts.
I never could see through my scope with glasses on.

I have recently started to need glasses, with corrections for both distance and close up. I find bifocals and progressive lenses to be dangerous in the "woods" because I tend to misjudge my footing with them on. This has led to some comical and spectacular falls, but fortunately no injuries yet. I really need them, especially for seeing my scope dial.

Question: has anyone used nonstandard bifocals? As an example, having a small reading lense on one side, in an out of the way place, or bifocal lenses on the top of one or both lenses?

I will carry dime store readers for map reading, but in a crunch situation I think these wouldn't work super well.
Take a look at Decot shooting glasses > They have an option with a small circle of reading prescription . I have them because I shoot sporting clays ,but I wear them deer hunting also.

I used to be able to see!! Now Tri Focal, with the middle lens for work at the Computer. UGGHH!!!!! Some times I need to adjust my glasses to my face just prior to the shot, or a see two sections of a deer. I hate getting old , but it beats the alternative!!!!!

I tried progressives for about a year. Kept getting headaches from the medium range I think. Can't stand them. Ended up ordering bifocals. The near part ends where my distance is clear so I hope it works out.

Recent Posts