• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED S O L D -- Custom .338 Winchester Magnum - Douglas barrel - muzzle brake - PHOTOS

Lefty G-gear

Photos: http://s569.photobucket.com/user/gegerechristopher/slideshow/338%20Winchester%20Magnum%20%20Custom%20Rifle?sort=3

Custom .338 Winchester Magnum (Right-Hand)

HVA HUSQVARNA Action (Made in Sweden)

Douglas Barrel - Muzzle Brake

Black Matte Fiberglass Stock
Condition: 85% = Light wear - barrel is very good.

Shoots 210-gr. Nosler Partitions 1/2" groups (near 2,950 fps)

Mounts and 1-inch rings

KONUS PRO 3x9x40mm Scope - Etched 550 Reticle (photo)
Reviews: http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/2432113474/konus-pro-550-rifle-scope-3-9x-40mm-matte#ReviewHeader

Redding 3-die set (Full-length Sizer, Neck-Sizer and Seater die)

$1200 and FREE S/H (Insured) to your local FFL Dealer - or meet face to face. :cool:

Phone: (307) 469-2011

Email - PayPal: [email protected]

Post Office money order - Cashiers Check:

CHRIS GEGERE "G-gear"
PO BOX 54
204 RIVER ST.
HYATTVILLE, WY 82428

Last edited:
Re: Custom .338 Winchester Magnum (Right-Hand) PHOTOS

Nice rifle. Gotta love those Husky actions. Looks a lot like rifles a guy out here in Oregon builds to drive tacks.

W. JARVIS is the gunsmith.
I inherited this and other rifles from my Dad.
This one was done when he was in California, and my Dad hunted with it and nailed a huge Wyoming muley at around 300-yards with the 210-gr. Nosler Partition and dropped it - went thru both shoulders - massive wound.
I shot it at the range with him and it shoots tight groups!
Then Jim Maxwell (Jackalope Gun Shop, Douglas, WY) put the muzzle brake on it that he designed. - It makes a big difference in felt recoil.

NOSLER LOAD DATA

180-GR. - 210-GR. - 225-GR. - 250-GR.

338 Winchester Magnum Load Data

Rifle and Scope Weight: 8 3/4-lbs. and well-balanced.
Barrel is 24 1/2" long to where it meets the action (minus brake is 22 3/4").
Muzzle brake is 1 3/4" long. (not certain if it is removable.)
I do not know who made the fiberglass stock.
Safety is an on or off switch on right side (not on rear of bolt as on Win or Ruger).

Last edited:

NOSLER LOAD DATA

180-GR. - 210-GR. - 225-GR. - 250-GR.
http://www.nosler.com/nosler-load-data/338-winchester-magnum/

Rifle and Scope Weight: 8 3/4-lbs. and well-balanced.
Barrel is 24 1/2" long to where it meets the action (minus brake is 22 3/4").
Muzzle brake is 1 3/4" long. (not certain if it is removable.)
I do not know who made the fiberglass stock.
Safety is an on or off switch on right side (not on rear of bolt as on Win or Ruger).​

Re: Custom .338 Winchester Magnum (Right-Hand) - Douglas barrel - muzzle brake - PHOTOS

The Black Matte Finish Stock: It looks gray because of the flash.

The Scope: I put black electrical tape over the white logos. :cool:

Re: Custom .338 Winchester Magnum (Right-Hand) - Douglas barrel - muzzle brake - PHOTOS

The Husqvarna action is very precisely machined from top grade steel. It handles escaping powder gasses as well as any other Mauser pattern action. It is one of the slickest, perhaps the slickest, Mauser 98 pattern action that I have ever used.

Other positive features include a one piece bolt, one piece firing pin, flat bottom receiver with integral recoil lug, adjustable trigger, one piece bottom iron, generous loading/ejection port and full length extractor for controlled feeding. Like all Mauser 98 style actions, the Husqvarna's full length extractor takes a very large "bite" on the case rim for positive extraction of dirty, oversize, or stuck cases. If you can find one, the Husqvarna is a very fine action and an excellent choice around which to build a custom rifle. - Chuck Hawks

PRICE REDUCED
$1100 FOR EVERYTHING !

gun)