S Match King vrs Berger VLD's

RustyRick

I'm in load development with a 7mm Rem Mag and getting < 1MOA out of my X-Bolt using 168 gr in both the Sierra Match King and Berger VLD-H.

I have heard about the sensitivity of Berger's to seating depth.

Question: Are the Match Kings just as sensitive?

I read that Berger's POI or MOA may change considerably with seating depth. Some saying they like toughing the lands.

So I'm wondering if S- Match King of the same weight will alter POI or MOA to their own liking or be as sensitive?

I'd keep working with the Bergers. Once you get fairly consistant groups, keep that same seating depth, and try tweaking your powder charge in .2 grain increments to find the best accuracy at that seating depth.

Matchkings do not have the same reputation as Bergers of being finicky when it comes to seating depth. I find they are pretty easy to tune.

Matchkings do not have the same reputation as Bergers of being finicky when it comes to seating depth. I find they are pretty easy to tune.

I agree and the new berger hybrid is much like a match king as far as seating depth is concerned.

If you want to shoot VLD's, and when you get them right they are incredibly accurate, you can start about 0.01 into the lands. really on my target loads that is what I do. Jam them

but if you want a jump or mag length seating depth use this to find your best seating depth Getting the Best Precision and Accuracy from VLD Bullets in Your Rifle | Berger Bullets Blog

it really does work

I agree with the last two posters, but remember ones the reining King of bullets and the others looking to dethrone the King , no matter the outcomes the Same great bullets, Both made in the Great USA ,catchy phrase no ? lightbulblightbulblightbulb regards jjmp

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.