RWS 184gn Rap-X Deep Penetration

Johnboy

hey guys just wanted to know if this was a good choice for a hunting bullet.came across it the other day and thought I would ask about.

for me I am not to sure about shooting a bullet thats been nickel plated.kind of makes me think about brass thats been nickel plated,you know a little hard in some way.and I am thinking it may hurt the bore of my rifel.

now I am not saying in any way that RWS hasn't done their R&D on this one.just seems ODD if I may say.so if any of you guys have shoot this at one time or still useing it would you give me your thoughts.say like what the bore looks like after shooting for a group or sighting in.is it hard to clean the bore after a sesson of shooting.

my rifel is a 5R and yes I do hunt with it all so.it my do all rifel.and thanks for your replies.

My 308 shoots them okay, but I'm not using them for hunting. The BC on those things are terrible. I would suggest buying them for the brass though. RWS brass is top quality stuff.

Tank

thanks thats really my thoughts too.the price is only 19.99 a box.just wish I had a simple 308 to shoot them out of.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.