Ruger rings for 56mm objective

Tgunz64

anyone familiar with having a 56mm objective on a Ruger hawkeye? According to the chart you need a high and extra high ring for a 52mm. I recently bought those but the chart doesn't show rings for anything bigger on this gun. I also have a 56mm NXS on another gun but without having to swap things around just to check a fit I thought I'd ask here first. Thanks!

Call whatever ring manufacturer, like Seekins, and they will know which ones you need.
At worst buy 2 sets, high and extra high or whatever, and send one back if it doesn't fit. I do that if I'm not sure, can't find out, and don't want to wait.

I called Ruger today and they said they don't have rings that will work with a 56mm. And to try Jack Weigand machining who makes a picatinney base for Rugers. And then get picatinney rings. Leupold makes a "super high" set for Ruger. I called Leupold and they said this is the set to use. So I guess I got my answers. Thanks for the responses fellas. Just hate to have to shell out another $70+ for more rings again. Just bought a set in November.

Well I tried the Ruger rings with my new VX5HD in 56mm and guess what? They fit fine. So I ordered the Leupold super high rings which are the same height as the Ruger brand kind of for nothing but not really. Put my level on the Ruger rings and it's off on both. But opposite ways. The Leo's were pretty close to being exact with the barrel level. So it's probably a good thing I bought them. I need to get a lapping kit someday.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts