Ruger precision vs ruger heavy target model

bigdaddyWSM

With the popularity & accuracy of the Ruger precision rifle in 6.5 CM why wouldn't the Ruger heavy barrel target rifle with its 28" barrel & heavy laminate stock be just as accurate or popular?? I'm a newbie when it comes to Ruger so thats why I ask. I seen a couple in gun shops this week & the action was smooth and nice 2 stage trigger.

One is tacticool and one is not. There is a whole generation that has grown up on black rifles and they like the pistol grip and the mags so they can play in PRS.

plus, i think the heavy barrel target is the M77 action, and the rpr is a new design. so, essentially totally different rifles all together. and yeah, the heavy target just isn't cool enough to compete when you're at the range showing off.

The rpr takes basically all ar15 accessories so you can customize yours to you with all kinds of different options available. And they are incredibly accurate right out of the box.

I think Barrel nut nailed it right on the head. Bull barrel is just not cool anymore, its got to be AR type adjustable, customizable, modular, and well marketed. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.