Ruger American Varmiter(almost)

Nomosendero

Predator that is , nice for Predators or walking Varmiter.
I have a 5R for a little more serious stuff & my current RAR won't run with it, but it will shoot 1/2" (3 shot) groups with 165 speer boattails.
Anyway, looks good: The Ruger American Rifle® Predator Bolt-Action Rifle Models

Good write up : Real Guns - Ruger's American™ Predator

And another: Ruger's NEW American Predator Bolt-Action Rifle

My Wife hunts with a 6.5x55 may get her a Creed and a Vortex for some distance practice.

The 223 looks great except for blocked mag, but a guy is working on that one.

Predator that is , nice for Predators or walking Varmiter.
I have a 5R for a little more serious stuff & my current RAR won't run with it, but it will shoot 1/2" (3 shot) groups with 165 speer boattails.
Anyway, looks good: The Ruger American Rifle® Predator Bolt-Action Rifle Models

Good write up : Real Guns - Ruger's American™ Predator

And another: Ruger's NEW American Predator Bolt-Action Rifle

My Wife hunts with a 6.5x55 may get her a Creed and a Vortex for some distance practice.

The 223 looks great except for blocked mag, but a guy is working on that one.

That 6.5x55 Swiss is a heck of a round in a modern rifle. Will do everything the 6.5 Creedmore will do and then some.

That 6.5x55 Swiss is a heck of a round in a modern rifle. Will do everything the 6.5 Creedmore will do and then some.

Agreed, it has more powder capacity but her rifle is a Swedish Mauser & she has taken 25-30 deer with it and an Elk. That's what she wants to hunt with period.
So, lots of sentimental value, plus set up for hunting it works. I have 140 gr. Partition load at about 2650 in that rifle with her limit of 300 yds. & it will kill anything she hunts.
No, I am looking at getting her a RAR Creedmoor and putting a Vortex on it and she can shoot steel with me on weekends. If the need arises later for more rifle we will deal with it as it comes as I did for myself.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.