Ruger American Rifle Go Wild with 30-06 Hornady Precision Hunter is it 1000 yards capable?

Maybe, maybe not. Depends what "capable" means. Surely the '06 can make it to 1000.

My wife has a Ruger American in 7-08. With factory eld-x it shoots a half moa at a 33% IPSC.
She's totally put 5 rounds in a row on the plate.

However, particular factory ammo lot at 10 round strings were 26 es, which is phenomenal for factory ammo…so, that's going to be the biggest limiting factor. .

The second imo is mass produced guns aren't all sub moa shooters. Just because I'm saying she and I have had that positive experience, doesn't mean that's just how it is..

My brother has an American in 223 that shoots ridiculously well. It looks like Bubba had a wet dream on it, but my god is it accurate. He runs extra long single loaded 75's in it, and it's minute of clay bird at 600 and minute of 14" plate at 1000

Didn't you just ask this same question about savage and vortex?

The question is flawed. No one can answer it difinatively.

30-06 can be 1000 yard capable, yes.

Only each individual rifle can tell you if it, that particular rifle, is capable and/or what ammo it prefers.

Scopes... same as rifles.

Then there is the biggest variable... YOU. Are you 1000 yard capable?

In an attempt to be helpful and constructive, a better post might be something along the lines of...

"Please help me get started in long range

I desire to bang steel (or hunt or whatever) with a max range of 1000 yards.

I would prefer to do it with a factory rifle and factory ammo. (I seem to remember that from your savage post)

My total budget is X dollars including optic."

If you are dead set on 30-06, you might want to state why and be prepared for other suggestions, because there are much better options for banging steel at long range from a 100% factory rig with factory ammo.

If you're talking about hunting, you'll have to figure out what velocity at impact will be to determine if an ELD-X will expand at 1000yds. Minimum is about 1,500fps for an ELD-X.

In an attempt to be helpful and constructive, a better post might be something along the lines of...

I would prefer to do it with a factory rifle and factory ammo. (I seem to remember that from your savage post)

If you are dead set on 30-06, you might want to state why and be prepared for other suggestions, because there are much better options for banging steel at long range from a 100% factory rig with factory ammo.
Of course there is. But practice is what makes better. For that one needs to be able to shoot as cheap as possible. I want to do mountain hunting. What I really want is 338 Lapua Magnum. But the ELD-X you are talking about is about $7 per round. So thats out. A compromise would be 300PRC but thats very expensive too. That round is what I want to get to. Meanwhile the cheapest from the ones that can reach 1000 yards is the 30-06. I wont hunt with it at 1000 yards but it will give me a good practice.

He has multiple threads on here with few replies from him. Most start out with 1000 yards and cheap as possible. Not really sure how serious he is.
Yes I was contemplating. Of course I cant compare with your seriousness. I bet you just got 338 Lapua Magnum and Barret MRAD and practice every day 100 rounds. But us the simple less serious people need to take other things into account because we cannot spend as much,

By the way. If I would have asked that I would received million different replies and would have learned nothing.

By the way. If I would have asked that I would received million different replies and would have learned nothing.
And they may have been a better solution for you.

So we have 1000 yards banging steel...
What do you intend to be your max hunting range and what will you be hunting?

And they may have been a better solution for you.

So we have 1000 yards banging steel...
What do you intend to be your max hunting range and what will you be hunting?
About the hunting that's irrelevant. Once I am good enough, I'll switch to 300 PRC which is a whole different story. The question now is getting good enough. So that is metal plate at the range at 1000 yards